Skip to main content

Let it ring while we come together :D


Dreams, they speak millions of scenes. When we wake up, there are very few we remember. Some dream with their eyes closed at night; some wait for the dawn so that they can dawn through the dream with their eyes open :) 

I have a dream... a dream about any average woman would have, the day when she will have a man to herself. Dominate him, fight with him, and hug him when I am wrong. Many things I imagine to be my life after I promise my life, my relatives, and my family "I do". 

It’s a normal day... after months of persuading to marry... After the million fights... I receive a call from him... "My mother just asked me if I will ever get married" wondering if he is serious, I laugh through it and he says "I am serious, when do you want to get married... Mother tells me that January is a good time". I am dumb stuck... wondering yet again if he is really serious or if I am dumb enough to believe it.

I simply say "You could talk to my mother about it". He says "Okay then, I will call you in a little bit". After half hour, my mother rushes to me with almost tears in her eyes and she says "they want to have the marriage on January" I think, "He really was serious, after all".

Well it’s a shocker for reasons because there were many days I have persuaded him about marriage and he had his own reasons for denying or better delaying. After a while, I quit talking about it because it didn't make any sense to me. There have been many nights or even days when I thought if he will ever marry me or will everyone in my family be hail and healthy on the very day. 

Now, I am surprised, I call him again saying "Are you really serious?" hoping it really should be. He simply says "You think I would be kidding when I just spoke to your mother?" I am blushing now. He goes on telling me the dates and the venues that they are considering while I am still in the electric shock. 

A girl's dream is shopping and one cannot ask for a better time than marriage to shop for her life because that’s when no one would notice. :) 

I dream yet again like in inception, I remember all the ideas we had for our marriage. No reception but our family and friends gathering at a decent hotel, a dance show by anyone in the family. We wanted all of them to enjoy their day at our marriage. At least, we wanted to feel special on that day from watching our family and friends going through the enjoyment. There would be a marriage with close relatives and friends, like always but the reception had to be some kind of a gathering because that is when we will meet most of our non-existing relatives. It will be catching up time. 

Waking up to reality, I call him again, talk to him about the plans we made. He agrees to almost everything. I keep wondering "what the hell, did he just say yes to everything I told?" 

Suddenly I could hear my phone ringing but wasn’t I just talking on one. 

I didn’t want this to be a dream. I wanted this to be the moment when I wake up on my special day.

Happy dreaming :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hold me

Sometimes, I wonder why my life is so blue,  when I am alone, I think of nothing more than you. When I look at the dark, a clear sky  I try to pave the way through the grey. When did I stop seeing you? Even when I day dream,  The more I stand alone,  the more I see of you. I struggle to get my thoughts to words,  I am messed up, that all I can say. I forgot that you exited in my life,  I don’t remember when it all started.  Is it on the day I stopped expecting? the night when I stop crying anymore? The mornings when I spared no time? I know you are long gone.  I am trying to get to you though I try at every second of my life now. I don’t know if I should look for reasons, all the reasons that I lost you.  I will keep trying until the day I exist the reason why you left me,  The day I start believing that I lost belief,  in many things called "life"

Lost treasure..

C'mon wake up! Its time to get up! forget all your dreams; Wake up to where you are; before you realize, it is all a big mistake! Don't expect anything in reality to be what you dreamt of, coz you ain't the chess master here. You can always have what you want but only if you should rather,must! Nothing is planned, don't come to that conclusion. It's a big show and you ain't gonna be some grumpy audience. You should wake up to live what is in for you! Its called Life ! Live it !  P.S. This was a poem i wrote @ my previous office, retrieved :) Thanks to Somani! :D

To ma, with love!

I did not think that I could write, About some feelings I cannot express. Many many days, I tried to tell you, All my love, that was right there. I pen down today, with tears, I realize it’s too late. You could have been here, To see your children grow; To see your wife's pride, To see how pampered mom is now. When you were right next to us, We feared to even speak. Today we yearn "If only he was here"! We console ourselves all the time, There is no point regretting. That you should rest in peace, And make heaven "Heavener". After ten years, we still hear you, In our thoughts; in our laughs. Every time mom says, "You are just like him". You live in us every day, With a brave heart, we will miss you always.