Skip to main content

How bad this made me! :P

This is my first attempt to write a funny article, so, I shall begin with raising my glass to you. I wake up in the morning, let us say, the day of the week that we all love, Monday! I wake up with all groans in my head, after spending a wonderful weekend staying home or not! As I force myself out of the bed, try to brush my teeth like they may hurt, make myself a coffee. This ritual is done by my mum when I am home; it’s pretty much waking up then! The important thing, newspaper, simply cannot do without it, even if I don’t remember anything five minutes after reading it!


Most of the days, I prepare my head for a “walk”, a regular 30-minute workout regime that I always wanted to follow but life always comes with alternatives, I live in a seven storey apartment, so, I actively walk up and down a couple of times and psychologically satisfy my mind that I have done my part of “active” living.

After the “work out”, it’s usually “should I cook? Even worse “Should I eat?” It has been more than a year since I moved to Hyderabad for work. One best thing that has happened to me is the “weight-loss” which is because I keep debating between cooking and eating!!

Most of the days, I “try” cooking, (imagine single bachelor’s kind) just to stay alive! I do have a choice of doing dinner in Office but the only problem is, I have to walk past three blocks before I can smell food, considering the situation of ultimate coolness in Hyderabad, I pressure myself to cook at home! I am not sure which state records the highest temperature, but surviving summer in Hyderabad is more like surviving Splitsvilla show on MTV India!

The best thing, other than my work and work place (!) in Hyderabad is the place where I live, no, no, not the office! I live in a township in this locality; I would be surprised if someone didn’t know of the place. Well, it’s such a motivation to settle down here; (of course!) work comes first! This “township” scenario is very new to me because the place where I come from is like let us say, in the middle of “Inorbit” mall?! It has almost everything other than a school, pub and a temple, even though it has no shortage of children. Sometimes, an evening walk is more like walking in a school ground!

Well, coming back to what I do on a mundane (with a smile) Monday post the millionth attempt to suicide (cooking). I get myself ready for the office pick up service, protecting myself from the cool sun! I am not sure if it is a trend in Hyderabad, girls are more like “Mummies”, no, I meant the Egyptian Mummies but we do a lot to keep the sun away from the skin, even if we become unrecognizable, it really doesn’t matter!

Generally, a 22-seater ‘tempo’ comes as part of the “spot” pick-up to work but I will tell you when the confusion started, after a” Sumo” (Tata’s four wheeler product) was sent one day which by all means is comfortable even though, it didn’t pick us up from the apartments, the joy of hopping on the car and speeding to office with nowhere else to stop was the best part!
After we reach office, it is “getting the-sun-out-of-the-face” session for the next fifteen minutes before I hit the desk, yes, I make it right by two p.m. (IST). It’s a practice in our team to huddle up for at least ten minutes from two fifteen p.m. to catch up on who is free and who is not! Mails pour in, and to clear the head before traditionally starting the day, it’s a south Indian special (CafĂ© Coffee Day) coffee. And then, officially the day begins…

Mails, work, personal mails, coffees, dinner, work, mails, and work and so on…. It might get boring if I tell you the process of my work because I still need the motivation. Mostly, I finish my day at Eleven p.m. (IST), it’s a taboo, but if you mention to anyone in my stream of line that you are “thinking” of leaving at Eleven p.m., you will never know how many start chanting the curse! I don’t blame them, I “hear” sometimes people log out six in the (next) morning and watching someone leave at eleven, can be “eye-itching”! I only learn a lot of time-management because if they let me work anytime after eleven, I sure can, in my dreams.

With that being said, I am prepared to get fired! For the moment of peace (piece), I enjoy my life here, a little fun, never hurts! Laugh your way out because this is the first time I even tried to put my life down to sound funny and published even I don’t make it to the first three, I am sure it will be a nice laugh! (Atleast a smile?!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hold me

Sometimes, I wonder why my life is so blue,  when I am alone, I think of nothing more than you. When I look at the dark, a clear sky  I try to pave the way through the grey. When did I stop seeing you? Even when I day dream,  The more I stand alone,  the more I see of you. I struggle to get my thoughts to words,  I am messed up, that all I can say. I forgot that you exited in my life,  I don’t remember when it all started.  Is it on the day I stopped expecting? the night when I stop crying anymore? The mornings when I spared no time? I know you are long gone.  I am trying to get to you though I try at every second of my life now. I don’t know if I should look for reasons, all the reasons that I lost you.  I will keep trying until the day I exist the reason why you left me,  The day I start believing that I lost belief,  in many things called "life"

Lost treasure..

C'mon wake up! Its time to get up! forget all your dreams; Wake up to where you are; before you realize, it is all a big mistake! Don't expect anything in reality to be what you dreamt of, coz you ain't the chess master here. You can always have what you want but only if you should rather,must! Nothing is planned, don't come to that conclusion. It's a big show and you ain't gonna be some grumpy audience. You should wake up to live what is in for you! Its called Life ! Live it !  P.S. This was a poem i wrote @ my previous office, retrieved :) Thanks to Somani! :D

To ma, with love!

I did not think that I could write, About some feelings I cannot express. Many many days, I tried to tell you, All my love, that was right there. I pen down today, with tears, I realize it’s too late. You could have been here, To see your children grow; To see your wife's pride, To see how pampered mom is now. When you were right next to us, We feared to even speak. Today we yearn "If only he was here"! We console ourselves all the time, There is no point regretting. That you should rest in peace, And make heaven "Heavener". After ten years, we still hear you, In our thoughts; in our laughs. Every time mom says, "You are just like him". You live in us every day, With a brave heart, we will miss you always.